Sunday, December 18, 2011

On the road to sunny Florida

Deepest apologies for the relative inactivity of the the whole crane thing...college really does take a lot out of you! For a normal college student, you get to pick two out of a social life, good grades, and sleep. As an architecture student, you pick one....

But now, after good times and new experiences, meeting so many interesting people, and somehow managing to keep up with all my classes, I am finally home and the fam is off travelling again!

This time, we're headed off to sunny Florida. Pensacola to be exact- the sight of my parent's honeymoon. I have heard the beaches are some of the best in the world, with fine, pure white sand...we'll see what the situation is like during the winter!

The funny thing is, I looked up a weather forecast for Pensacola in the winter and Nelson New Zealand at the same time (during the summer of course). The turned out to be uncannily close. So, of course, I reasoned that if I could brave the cold water there pretending it was warm, the same can be done in Florida...stay updated on this prediction. I take it as a challenge. :)

It's a 13-hour drive to the 'ol Sunshine state. On the way, I plan to get ahead on craning.

Bon voyage!

No comments:

Post a Comment